Want a Job that Matters?
We have a number of employment opportunities available and are looking to hire talented people! Please review the basic requirements and the positions listed below. To fill out an application, please download pdf and return it to:
810 N. Holyoke
Wichita, Kansas 67208
giving the invaluable gift of the self.
The Wichita Children's Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
Accounting Clerk - Part Time
Responsible for Accounts Payable and obtains financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
- Completes duties associated with Accounts Payable to include: verifying that payments are in accordance with WCH policy and within vendor terms; coding bills with appropriate account numbers, in accordance with specified deadlines; verification of expenses to include tax exempt status of purchases; print/mails checks weekly to vendors, and completes/prints distributes related reports.
- Reconcile Aged invoice register monthly and the A/P suspension account.
- Accounts Payable year end preparation and distribution of 1099 forms.
- Assist with month end processing including balancing liability accounts which include employee benefits, balancing with Development donation report to General Ledger accounts, prepare reoccurring and other general ledger entries.
- Assists Controller and CFO with miscellaneous projects as needed.
- Maintains spreadsheets reports for oil income and private grants.
- Assists with petty cash, payroll, time clock, banking and general ledger as requested.
- Assists with month end processing, annual audit preparing and grant review.
High school diploma, 2 years of college preferred. One to two years related experience.
Life Skills Coach – Phase I – Full Time 2nd Shift
Position is daily supervision of residents, and activities to ensure a safe and therapeutic residential environment. Additional duties will be transportation to school or appointments, guidance in daily living skills, maintaining structure with the family teaching model, and crisis intervention as required. The hours will be Sunday 10:00a – 10:00p, Monday through Wednesday 3:30p – 10:30p.
- Supervision of residents’ social, educational, and behavioral activities and afternoon school runs during the school year.
- Responsible for the completion of required paperwork.
- Must have the skills, patience, and understanding to work with and around special needs youth.
- Good interpersonal skills, including composure under stress and sensitivity to the needs of others.
- Ability to represent the Home in a professional manner.
- Provide a positive role model by demonstrating commitment, punctuality, effective time management, and good communication skills.
High School degree/GED required, college degree preferred. One to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have valid driver’s license. Must be at least 25 years of age to meet licensing requirements.