Make a transformational impact in a child’s life.
To keep our doors open 24/7, it takes a lot of financial support, but also, the full support of the community to provide comfort and safety for children in need. Your talents can be used to fill a variety of roles as an individual or in groups.
Help us continue our mission by giving the invaluable gift of self.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Attend volunteer orientation and training.
- Complete a Health Assessment form, including a tuberculosis test.
- Agree to fingerprinting and give written permission for a background check through the Kansas Bureau of Investigation and the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
- Observe and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Volunteer at Kidzcope and provide peer bereavement support to children and families.
Teach Life Skills
- Help teens and young adults thrive by teaching life skills in one of these areas:
- Financial Literacy
- Interview / Job Prep
- Nutritional Cooking
Group Clean-up Projects
- Bring your group to help keep our facility beautiful! Common tasks include:
- Yard work / landscape maintenance
- Apartment refurbishing
Office / Administrative Projects
- Answer phones
- Filing/spreadsheet organization
- Prepare mailings
- Off-campus volunteer opportunities are flexible and have fewer requirements than on-campus opportunities.
- For more details and requirements, please contact Barbara Butler at email@example.com.
WCH Young Leaders (Ages 24 and up)
- Volunteer and network with young professionals with a similar interest to grow their skills and give back to the community.
- Assist with event prep, set-up, or teardown for one of our many annual fundraising events, including:
- Fore the Kids Golf Tournament – Summer
- Polo on the Plains – Fall
Host a Donation Drive
- Volunteers of all ages can get involved by hosting a drive to collect donations for WCH children:
- Lemonade Stand
- Put on a School Supplies / Book Drive
- Birthday Party / Holiday Sharing
- Gather items off of our Wish List.
Be an Advocate
Share the mission of the Home and help grow the community support. Follow us on social media and help spread the word today!